1. When and how was ZOEVA founded?
ZOEVA was founded in 2008 by Zoe Boikou. It all started with very little resources, but great passion: Selling handmade brushes on eBay from her own home, ZOEVA quickly became an international cosmetics company. We now have more than 300 products in our portfolio and sell our beauty favorites worldwide.
2. What makes your products stand out?
We stand for high-quality, cruelty-free products. After intensive research, our brushes can be made vegan with full conviction and our individually developed brush technology. With the innovative Soft-Vegan-Performance™ hair mix technology, we have succeeded in making all powder brushes from pure synthetic hair and without any loss of quality – 100% vegan, 100% performance.
3. What should I be aware of before using the brushes for the first time?
For optimal performance, we recommend that you clean your ZOEVA brushes before the first use. This allows the synthetic hairs to fully develop.
Optionally, you can fluff up the brush hairs by dabbing movements on a smooth surface to build up the desired hair volume.
4. How do I clean my brushes properly?
Our ZOEVA cosmetic brushes are made of pure synthetic hair. To guarantee optimal makeup results, thorough and regular brush cleansing is essential and should be an integral part of your beauty routine. This increases the durability of the brushes and also prevents skin impurities. We recommend cleaning your brushes according to the following instructions:
1. Wet the brush hairs with lukewarm to body-warm water.
2. Clean the brush with our ZOEVA Brush Shampoo Bar or a mild shampoo incircular movements.
3. For a more thorough cleansing, we recommend using a rough surface as a base, such as our ZOEVA Brush Cleansing Pad.
4. Lather the cleanser thoroughly to completely dissolve all product residue.
5. Wash out the cleanser or shampoo completely with lukewarm to body-warm water.
6. Squeeze the excess water out of the brush hairs.
7. Gently stroke the brush hairs over a soft towel.
8. Lay the brush out to dry. We recommend placing the brush on an edge so that the brush hairs are exposed, and air can circulate.
The brush should also not be stored with the brush hairs facing upwards to dry, as this prevents the water from evaporating completely and accumulating in the sleeveor wooden handle.
Once the hairs are completely dry, the brush is fully ready for use again. Due to the high quality of the brush hairs, the shape, as well as the performance of your brush is maintained.
For a particularly thorough cleansing, the purely synthetic brush hairs can also be disinfected without drying out the hair.
Show our planet some love: Fill a bowl with water and follow the cleansing routine as described above.
Reddish pigments can leave stubborn color residue. Here you should pay special attention to the body-warm water temperature.
For quick in-between cleansing, you can apply brush cleaner or disinfectant to a clean towel and gently wipe out the brush. However, this is not a permanent substitute for a thorough cleansing routine.
5. Can I also apply liquid textures with the foundation brush?
Liquid, creamy or powdery–we have the perfect brush for every texture. Our Soft-Vegan-Performance™ hair mix brushes are best suitable for powders, whereas our mono hair mix brushes are perfect for liquid, cream, and gel formulas. Our face brushes help you apply your foundation and concealer effortlessly and blend bronzer, blush, and highlighter naturally, without soaking up product.