1. When and how was ZOEVA founded?
ZOEVA was founded in 2008 by Zoe Boikou. With very little resources and great passion she began selling brushes on eBay from her own home. ZOEVA quickly became an international cosmetics company, and we now have more than 300 products in our portfolio, selling our beauty favorites worldwide.
2. What makes your products stand out?
We stand for high-quality, cruelty-free products. After intensive research, we can confidently produce a fully vegan brush assortment. With the innovative Soft-Vegan-Performance™ hair mix technology, we have succeeded in making all powder brushes from pure synthetic hair and without any loss of quality – 100% vegan, 100% performance.
3. What should I be aware of before using the brushes for the first time?
For optimal performance, we recommend washing your ZOEVA brushes before the first use. This allows the synthetic hairs to fully develop. Optionally, you can fluff up the brush hairs by dabbing movements on a smooth surface to build up the desired hair volume.
4. How do I clean my brushes properly?
Our ZOEVA cosmetic brushes are made of pure synthetic hair. To guarantee optimal makeup results, thorough and regular brush cleansing is essential and should be an integral part of your beauty routine. This increases the durability of the brushes and also prevents skin impurities.
We recommend cleaning your brushes according to the following instructions:
1. Wet the brush hairs with lukewarm to warm water.
2. Clean the brush with our ZOEVA Brush Shampoo Bar or a mild shampoo in circular movements.
3. For a more thorough cleansing, we recommend using a textured surface as a base, such as our ZOEVA Brush Cleansing Pad.
4. Lather the cleanser thoroughly to completely dissolve all product residue.
5. Wash out the cleanser or shampoo completely with lukewarm to warm water.
6. Squeeze out the excess water from the brush hairs.
7. Gently stroke the brush hairs over a soft towel.
8. Lay the brush out to dry. We recommend placing the brush on an edge so that the brush hairs are exposed, and air can circulate.
Brushes should lay flat or with the brush head facing downward to avoid moisture accumulation in the sleeve or wooden handle.
Once the hairs are completely dry, the brush is fully ready for use again. Due to the high quality of the brush hairs, the shape, as well as the performance of your brush is maintained.
For a particularly thorough cleansing, the purely synthetic brush hairs can additionally be disinfected without drying out the hair.
Show our planet some love: Fill a bowl with water and follow the cleansing routine as described above.
Reddish pigments can leave stubborn color residue. Here you should pay special attention to the lukewarm to warm water temperature for better cleansing.
For quick in-between cleansing, you can apply brush cleaner or disinfectant to a clean towel and gently wipe out the brush. However, this is not a permanent substitute for a thorough cleansing routine.
Brush Cleansing Pad
Vegan Silicone Brush Cleansing Pad
Brush Shampoo Bar
Vegan Solid Brush Shampoo
5. Can I also apply powdery textures with the ZOEVA foundation brushes?
Our foundation brushes work with every texture. They are ideal for liquid and cream foundations, but also work with powder foundations.